Thursday 25 June 2015

The Silence Beneath the Bark / Le Silence sous l'écorce


the silence beneath the bark / le silence sous l'écorce from joanna lurie on Vimeo.

Hello Friends! 
As I have been holed up in my room doing assignments for the past two months I have felt the need to take a short break to allow myself some time to recover emotionally, mentally and physically. There were various things that happened and the end of semester for me, was slightly traumatizing and soul crushing. I'd like to write about my experiences a little bit later but for now I don't think I'm quite prepared to dive back in and relieve everything so soon after it's over. I came across this gorgeous animated short film today and thought it would be nice to share it with you all; as well as a nice way to say hello after quite a period of being absent.

The Silence beneath the bark is the creation of French animator Joanna Luire, which I think she released in 2010 (?). The film captured my attention with its magical use of music and the contrasting elements of vibrant character design being set against the abstract background. The curious and inquisitive nature of the characters is almost reminiscent to that of childlike innocence and there's something about their interactions that just makes you smile. 

I'll leave the film to be open for your interpretation, however, if you would like to learn the artists' intent behind the concept you can check out the link below.

Documentary about "The Silence Beneath the Bark" with Joanna Lurie (English Dub)


Till next time!



Maisy XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment